Excuse me, hi
So next week is my 21’st birthday so I thought I’d tell you the 21 things I’ve learnt:
- No point being shy and awkward, be confident! If not just fake it.
- Not everything has to go your way, sometimes it’s better when it doesn’t.
- Spontaneity is okay. ‘Not everything has to be stringently planned’ quote my housemate Sophie brooks for the last three years of my life.
- ‘Having your life together’ is not actually a thing.
- Appreciate the little moments with friends and family while you still can.
- No one cares about your A Levels and GCSE’s when you’re out in the real world.
- There’s more to life than a grade.
- Lacoste isn’t pounced as Lactose, one is a brand and the other is in dairy products.
- People aren’t thinking about you as much you think they are and even if they are who cares.
- Be true to your feelings and who you are- self acceptance is everything.
- Always find two friends who are just as unlucky as you #badluckmusketeers (I will explain this in a future blog post).
- You don’t have to have found the love of your life by the time you’ve finished university. How are you going to live Samantha Jones’s life in a relationship?
- It’s not how long you’ve known someone it’s how loyal they are.
- Don’t be stupid with money- is that domino’s deal really worth it?
- Try to have a social life- get off the internet and maybe even leave the house. Hahaha joke, we all know I won’t even do that.
- At the same time fun isn’t always found at a nightclub.
- Everyone has different experiences in life and that is ok.
- Don’t eat 16 cakes in once sitting; you don’t want to roll that way. Literally.
- I learnt that Silicon is what fake about boobs are made out of and not a type cheesecake that’s Sicilian. (In my defence they are spelt similar and sound the same)
- I have terrible memory- hence how long it took me to remember 21 things I’ve learnt.
- It is ok to be weird. All the best people are.
See you soon!