Excuse me, hi
So a lot would have gotten A Level results today. Well done to everyone who got what they wanted and go into the University they wanted to. Now that most of you know what University you’re going to, you will be starting to get together everything you need to take with you. I know when I started preparing to move into my halls, I didn’t where to start. So here is a basic list of some things you may need:
For your accommodation:
- Two Pans
- Knives/forks/spoons (however many you thing you may need, but I would suggest more than two of each)
- A couple of mugs (personality matching because they’re are more fun)
- 4/5 glasses
- A few big plates and a few side plates
- 2 bowls
- Chopping board (if your going to be cutting up fruit, you don’t want to get marks on the counter because they will charge you for it)
- Sieve- you will probably end up making pasta more than you think and a sieve comes in handy!
- Oven Tray
- Other things may be: kettle and toaster- but this depends on whether you kitchen includes this.
- Toothbrush- more than one just in case you’re like me and drop yours down the toilet (still don’t understand how I did that)
- Face wash
- Toilet paper
- Toothbrush holder
- hand wash
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- 2 bath towels
- hand towels
- Other things will depend on your skincare routine
- Bedding- two pillowcases (depending on how many pillows you want), two duvet covers, two bed sheets, duvet, pillows
- bags- plastic, bag for going to lectures, and maybe another bag
- pictures/photo frames/posters- to make it look more homely
- door wedge
- Laundry basket
- Washing up powder for laundry
- Phone Charger
- Laptop and charger
- extension lead
- Other things depends what you need and how you want to decorate your room.
- Pain killers
- Cold/Flu remedy
Stationary/things to take to lectures:
- A few pens
- post it notes
- Folders (if you want to file your notes)
I would suggest taking a few basic cleaning products with you and then eventually you may sure cleaning responsibility with the other people you live with.
This is just a basic list, other things you may need depends on you and the rules of the place you’re staying in. I hope this list helps in getting you started! But don’t stress if you’ve forgotten something, there will be places near your university you can get all of these things.
See you soon!