Excuse me, hi
So as I’ve mentioned before I’ve graduated and am currently looking for a job. But its not easy at all. Both the application and interview process can be really hard and at times just a bit stupid. But I think anytime I do a application or a interview it can be a learning experience! So here is what I’ve learnt so far:
- Don’t be put off by what the job description brief asks of the candidate. Even if it does say they want someone with a lot of experience or a certain grade, you should still try an apply. The worse that they can say is no.
- But at the same time don’t be unrealistic in the jobs your applying for, because a lot of the time your first job isn’t going to be senior level or the highest paying.
- Sign up to a every job seeking website you can, because different websites have different things.
- Do your research about the company while applying and going for the interview, because it will show if you haven’t. Also you can cater your answers to what the company is looking for.
- Make sure you read the job description properly, because so many times I’ve applied for a job without reading the description properly.
- Even though it is hard, try and prepare for the interview questions, because there have been interviews that I’ve been to and I just rambled because I didn’t know what to say.
- Don’t be nervous, because the interviewer will pick up on it.
- Always save your cover letters because you can always edit and adapt them for other applications.
- You can exaggerate the truth in your application, but don’t lie about any experience or skills you have because they will know.
- Finally don’t be disheartened if you don’t get the job, see if every application and interview as a learning curve.
Hope this helps anyone whose looking for a job at the moment!
See you soon!